It’s Tax Season! This could mean a variety of things for you but if you were fortunate enough to receive a refund, here are a few smart decisions you can make.
- Pay Off Debt: Credit Card, Medical, Car, Student Loans, Mortgage – everyone’s got some form of debt that is accruing interest and would be beneficial to pay off ASAP. Use the money you didn’t have before to free up more of your paychecks.
- Education: Put your money towards your education right now OR enroll in some skills classes that could help you advance your career.
- Emergency Fund: Everyone should have 3-6 months of living expenses in their savings account in case of emergency. This could cover job loss, unexpected medical bill or any other emergencies that come up.
- Retirement: If you have a 401K, you should be making as many contributions as possible with company matching. However, if you have an IRA or Roth IRA you can try to max this out as soon as possible to get the best value for your money.
- Invest: Take this extra money and invest in the stock market! It’s money you wouldn’t have had before and you now have the chance to grow it, but this does come with it’s own risks.